Canoeing & Kayaking
The Pelican Bay Foundation provides canoes and kayaks for use by Pelican Bay Members and their Guests. This relaxing and enjoyable amenity is available at the North Boardwalk at Inner Clam Bay. All arrangements are on a “first come, first serve” basis and can be made at Tram Station #6 at the beginning of the North Boardwalk. Before you begin, your journey through the mangroves please fill out the watercraft waiver. We'll provide you with paddles, a map of Clam Bay with usage procedures, a key to unlock the gate and life-jackets.
There are two sessions available; During season canoes and kayaks are used every day, and to give everyone a fair opportunity to use them these times must be followed. Canoes and kayaks must be returned one hour before sunset.
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
12:30 PM - 1 hour before sunset
What Should I know?
- You must be 18 years or older to use canoes/kayaks unless accompanied by an adult.
- Two adults must accompany children under 12.
- Canoes are NOT to be used in the Gulf of Mexico; Kayaks are allowed.
- The person checking out the vessels will be asked to sign a watercraft waiver to consent to abide by Foundation Policies and Procedures while using the canoes/kayaks.
- You will be asked to sign a “hold-harmless release” for the required key, paddles, and life jackets
- Pelican Bay Canoe and Kayak Trail Guide.
What to Wear & Bring?
Please remember to bring comfortable clothes, sunscreen, water and bug spray during your adventure. Don't forget your camera either!